Your gifts help UCHealth improve lives
We want you! Are you interested in helping but not able to make the commitment required to become a consistent hospital volunteer? Maybe you belong to a group like Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Rotary, church group, or business and want to do a project together? Maybe you are part of a quilting or knitting group. We have many opportunities and are always open to new ones. We are grateful and appreciative of all donations.
Email the Volunteer Deparment at the facility where you would like to donate prior to dropping off any items. We will schedule a time and date to accept your donation. Individulals and groups work with us to develop and take on special projects; the results are spectacular!
Items that can be donated
Volunteer Services is fortunate to receive donations that have a profound positive impact on patients. We appreciate the role you play in helping provide and extgraordinary experience.
Our patents benefit from:
- Word search, Sudoku, Crossword, or adult level coloring books
- Books: biographies, mysteries, novels, and up-to date magazines. Large print and Spanish or other languages welcomed.
- Jigsaw puzzles (100-500 pieces), playing cards, and games like checkers, chess, dominos, backgammon and Uno.
- Art supplies such as packs of construction paper, markers, crayons, drawing pencils, notebooks, glue sticks, yarn, knitting needles and crochet hooks, packs of colored pencils and pencil sharpeners, paint set and paper.
- New reading glasses (all strengths).
- Get-well cards or blank greeting cards and stamps.
- Do you have a game system you would like to donate? We have requests nearly every day from our long-term cancer and transplant patients who would love to use a video game system to help pass the time.
- Personal care items like lip balm, mini unscented hand lotion, nail files, dry shampoo, nail polish/remover and new open backed slippers or slipper socks.
- Fleece, crocheted or knitted blankets, lap blankets and shawls.
- SOFT fleece, knitted or crocheted hats, knitted breat prostheis, baseball caps, turbans, or head scarves for cancer chemotherapy patients (patterns on the web).
- Collect new clothing in sizes Preemie, Newborn, 3 months and 6 months for boys and girls. Sock, bottles, (Dr. Brown) and diapers for some of our moms who need just a "little more" to get off to a good start. We will put together "Going home" bags. We love to add small children's board books to these bags.
- Knitted or crocheted baby hats and baby blankets. Holiday themes can be fun.
- Port pillows, personal pillows for coughing and pillows to help healing patients from the seatbelt in cars.
If you are a student looking to complete a service project contact your preferred location to learn about additional needs and ways to give back. Does your group have an idea? Woujld you like to start a walk for a particular cause? Do you have an Eagle Scout project idea? Are you part of a church group that would like to adopt a deparment of the hospital and support special needs for that population?
If you would like to make a monetary contribution, sponsor a program, or make a large donation, email the volunteer location where you wish to donate and we will connect you to the appropriate contact in the UCHealth Office of Development.
To contact us about donations
If you are interested in making a donation to a specific hospital or program, your can send an email to the specific locations below.
- UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and metro Denver clinics
- UCHealth Broomfield Hospital
- UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospital
- UCHealth Longs Peak Hospital - Longmont
- UCHealth Medical Center of the Rockies - Loveland
- UCHealth Poudre Valley Hospital - Fort Collins
- UCHealth Greeley Hospital
- UCHealth Memorial Hospitals Central and North - Colorado Springs
- UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center - Steamboat Springs