Thank you for your interest in
volunteering at UCHealth at University of Colorado Hospital with your Therapy Dog . Therapy Dogs and their handlers play an important and
meaningful role in providing service to patients and their loved ones. We hope you find your
experience here to be valuable and worthwhile.
Below please find the volunteer onboarding process.
1. Complete all of the required fields in the online application before hitting submitting. We do not recommend entering and submitting an application using a cellphone.
2. Upload 3 forms (listed below) under the FILE UPLOAD tab after logging in with the User ID/email your create for the animal's record.
3. Complete Handler application with training (see separate online application under Therapy Animals).
4. Complete an interview with the staff in Volunteer Services (bring the dog).
5. Complete 2-3 shadow visits with an experienced Therapy Animal team.
- Online Application for the Therapy Animal
- Online Therapy Team Volunteer Application- Handler (a separate application process).
Therapy Dog Certification from either Therapy Dogs International, Denver Pet Partners, or Alliance of Therapy Dogs
Rabies Shot Information
Current Health Certificate with vaccination list from your veterinarian
Volunteer Services Department
Jenny Ricklefs, Manager 720 848-4068 Jennifer.Ricklefs@uchealth.org
Melissa Strickland, Volunteer Coordinator 720 848-4070 Melissa.Strickland@uchealth.org
12605 E 16th Ave, Mail Stop F771, Aurora CO 80045