Therapy Team Volunteer Application for Handlers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at UCHealth at University of Colorado Hospital with your Therapy Dog. Therapy Dogs and their handlers play an important and meaningful role in providing service to patients and their loved ones. We hope you find your experience here to be valuable and worthwhile. For more information on the process of becoming a volunteer, How do I become a volunteer at UCHealth?
Please complete all required fields on the application below before submitting. We do not recommend entering and submitting an application using a cellphone. There is a separate application type for your therapy animal as they need their own file and badge too.
- Once you have submitted your application, login using the email and login ID you created.
- Download the reference form documents.
- Complete the Online Orientation Training (there are two packets each with a quiz at the end.)
- Upload two References under the Upload File tab when you log into the system with the UserID/email and password you will
set up below at the beginning of the application.
- Your reference forms may not be completed by a relative.
- We prefer references from adults, supervisors, teachers, church leaders, troop leaders, co-workers or someone who has known you for a long time.
- We must receive these references before you may begin volunteering.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our team of volunteers making a difference at UCHealth. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 720.848.1886.
Volunteer Services Department
Jenny Ricklefs, Manager, 720.848.4068, Jennifer.Ricklefs@uchealth.org
Melissa Strickland, Volunteer Coordinator. 720.848.4070, Melissa.Strickland@uchealth.org
12605 East 16th Ave, Mail Stop F771, Aurora CO 80045