Volunteer Application and Placement Process
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for UCHealth at University of Colorado Hospital. Volunteers play an important and meaningful role in providing care to patients and their loved ones. We hope you find your experience here to be valuable and worthwhile.
Before we can schedule an interview, you will need to complete the following items:
1. Online Adult Application
2. Download the following documents and complete them or have person providing a reference complete them
- Reference Form (2 required). Your reference forms may not be completed by a relative. We prefer references from adults, supervisors, teachers, church leaders, troop leaders, co-workers or someone who has known you for a long time. We must receive these references before you may begin volunteering.
- Adult Photo Consent Form
- Fair Credit Reporting Disclosure (for your information)
- Background Check (Fill out and bring to the interview - DO NOT Upload)
Below please find the volunteer onboarding process.
1.Complete the attached application before submitting. Please note, you cannot start and save the form, but must enter all required information before submitting.
2.Once you have submitted the application, you can then enter the UCHealth Volunteer website by logging in with the user name/email and password you created on the application.
Here you can:
- Upload two Reference Forms
- Upload Adult Photo Consent Form
3.COMING SOON - From the login point, select Training and select Online Orientation.
4. We will contact you within three to five business days to schedule a one hour interview. At that time we will discuss your application, placement interests, schedule availability, and any questions you might have.
5. Attend a mandatory in person 4 hour orientation. These are held two times each month,and we will schedule this at your interview.
6. Complete a Health and Drug Screen (30 minutes) with a UCHealth Occupational Nurse at our Employee Health office. There is no charge to you. (During flu season, you will receive a free flu shot in order to be able to volunteer. If you need to receive one, Employee Health with give you one.)
7. Once, you've completed orientation and a health screen, and we've received two references, your volunteer placement will be made.
8. We request a minimum commitment of 100 hours in one year's time. Most volunteers are scheduled for one day per week for a 4 hour shift.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our team of volunteers making a difference at the UCHealth.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 720-848-1886 or 720-848-4068.
Volunteer Services Department
Jenny Ricklefs, Manager 720 848-4068 Jennifer.Ricklefs@uchealth.org
Sara Bencomo, Volunteer Coordinator 720 848-4070 Sara.Bencomo@uchealth.org
12605 E 16th Ave, Mail Stop F771, Aurora CO 80045